Communication system laboratory is employed for the under graduate students of the institute. The under graduate students of the department of Electronics & Communication Engineering utilize the laboratory for their Analog Communication Lab (EC 591) in 5th semester & Digital Communication Lab (EC 691) in 6th semester study of the course. This laboratory also provide the facilities for the under graduate students of department of Computer Science & Engineering and department of Information Technology of the institute for performing laboratory work in Communication engineering & coding theory Lab(CS 491) in 4th semester of their study. This laboratory also provide the additional facilities to the interested under graduate and post graduate students of the department for performing their project work in the domain of communication systems.
The instruments facilities include the following:
- Analog and digital communication trainer kits
- General purpose trainer kit
- Function generator
- Synthesized Function generator
- Cathode Ray Oscilloscope (CRO)
- Digital Storage Oscilloscope (DSO)
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Digital Multimeter.
- Active and passive component.
List of Experiments for Analog Communication Lab (EC-591)
- Study of Amplitude Modulation & Demodulation.
- Study of Double Side Band Suppressed Carrier (DSB-SC) Modulation & Demodulation Technique.
- Study of Single Side Band Suppressed Carrier (SSB-SC) Modulation & Demodulation Technique
- Study of voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) using IC 4046.
- Study the performance of a phase locked loop (PLL).
- Study of Frequency Modulation and Demodulation System.
- Study of pre-emphasis & de-emphasis Circuits
- Study of Time Division Multiplexing (TDM).
- Simulation study of Frequency Division Multiplexing (FDM).
List of Experiments for Digital Communication Laboratory (EC-691)
- Study of Pulse Amplitude Modulation and demodulation
- Study of Pulse Code Modulation and demodulation
- Design, implementation and study of all the properties of 7-length and 15-length PN sequences using shift register
- Study of line coders: polar/unipolar/bipolar NRZ, RZ and Manchester
- Study of delta modulator and demodulator
- Study of adaptive delta modulator and demodulator
- Study of BPSK modulator and demodulator
- Study of BFSK modulator and demodulator
- Study of ASK modulator and demodulator
- Simulation study of probability of symbol error for BPSK modulation
- Simulation study of probability of symbol error for BFSK modulation
- MATLAB based Simulation of QPSK modulation scheme
List of Experiments for Communication Engineering & Coding Theory (CS -491)
- Generation of Amplitude Modulation (Design using transistor or Balanced Modulator
- Chip (to view the wave shapes)
- Generation of FM using VCO chip (to view the wave shapes)
- Generation of PAM
- Generation of PPM And PWM (using IC 555 Timer)